So after everyone was dressed, we headed downstairs to pack lunches and have breakfast. I first got the kids their food and sat them all down at the table. While they ate breakfast I packed drinks, snacks, and a lunch for Liliana. As I put Liliana's sandwich together Dillon got extremely jealous an
d asked why I wasn't packing him a sandwich. I then had to explain that I would be picking him up from school before it was time to eat lunch. He got this really sad look on his face and asked why I couldn't make him a sandwich (in his sandwich spiderman container) and put it in the fridge for when he came home. It was a good solution that made him happy, so he now has a spot in our fridge where every school day his lunch sits until he comes home! As soon as we all finished our breakfast the doorbell rang, it was my friend Julie and her two kiddos (Nicole and Kyle). Kyle is in Dillon's class and Nicole is in 2nd grade but unfortunately not in the same class as Liliana! They met us at our house so we could all walk to school together. So off we walked. The school is literally right around the corner from my house but it was so darn hot and humid this morning that even that short walk was uncomfortable!
d asked why I wasn't packing him a sandwich. I then had to explain that I would be picking him up from school before it was time to eat lunch. He got this really sad look on his face and asked why I couldn't make him a sandwich (in his sandwich spiderman container) and put it in the fridge for when he came home. It was a good solution that made him happy, so he now has a spot in our fridge where every school day his lunch sits until he comes home! As soon as we all finished our breakfast the doorbell rang, it was my friend Julie and her two kiddos (Nicole and Kyle). Kyle is in Dillon's class and Nicole is in 2nd grade but unfortunately not in the same class as Liliana! They met us at our house so we could all walk to school together. So off we walked. The school is literally right around the corner from my house but it was so darn hot and humid this morning that even that short walk was uncomfortable!So today Liliana was starting her first day of the 2nd Grade and Dillon starting his first da
y of Preschool. Liliana has always been my go with the flow child when it came to school. So today I expected nothing less but her saying bye and hopping in line. Sure enoug
h I was right and she did just that! I did however manage to get a picture of her and her teacher before she got into deep conversations with her fellow classmates. I was amazed looking at Marc as he watched Liliana with a cloud of boys around her! I expected him to get upset or bothered that the only classmates she was tal
king to were boys but he didn't even flinch! Now Liliana has ZERO interest in boys so far but in these pictures you would never know it! A few moments later the bell rang and she lined up with her classmates to go in for their first day.
y of Preschool. Liliana has always been my go with the flow child when it came to school. So today I expected nothing less but her saying bye and hopping in line. Sure enoug
h I was right and she did just that! I did however manage to get a picture of her and her teacher before she got into deep conversations with her fellow classmates. I was amazed looking at Marc as he watched Liliana with a cloud of boys around her! I expected him to get upset or bothered that the only classmates she was tal
king to were boys but he didn't even flinch! Now Liliana has ZERO interest in boys so far but in these pictures you would never know it! A few moments later the bell rang and she lined up with her classmates to go in for their first day. Next, we h
ad to wait a good 25 minutes in the front of the building for the presch
ool teachers to open the doors. While waiting Dillon was feeling camera friendly and let me take a couple pictures. He still seemed very excited about going to school. As we all stood outside in the extremely hot and humid weather conditions you could tell it was starting to take its toll on the boys. Dillon and Kyle soon realized
they could fool around like monkeys and hang on the gates! Finally the doors opened and we all headed into the designated classrooms. Dillon gave his teacher her supplies, then was instructed to take out his communication folder and h
ang his backpack up near the door. He followed her directions and I was able to snap a picture of him hanging up his backpack all by himself! He then realized his buddy Kyle was playing in the kitchen area and joined him. Dillon at this point didn't seem to care if we had stayed to watch him or left the room entirely! At this point his teacher entered the classroom, I quickly asked if she could take a picture with Dillon, well I d
on't know what I was thinking because when I tried to call Dillon over he gave me the most foreign look and then turned his head in the opposite direction! Typical Dillon was all that crossed my mind!! It was time for the parents to head out so they could start their school do, so I said good bye gave him a kiss. Next Ava walked over grabbed him by his neck and leaned in for her wet smooch right on the lips! Dillon was more than happy to give her a kiss though! Next it was Marc's turn. Marc got down on his knees gave Dillon a big hug and kiss and gave him a little pep talk about being good and having a fun day! So then we all headed towards the door. Just then I see Marc turn back and say bye to him one more time! My big beefy manly husband was turning into a big sap right before my eyes... sure enough we got two steps out the door and Marc turned back. Marc poked his head around the door frame and was trying to "see what the boy was doing". I swear if I weren't there to crack on him he probably would have cried! It was sweet to see him so into Dillon's first day of school! It was a nice morning. Of course I ran a couple morning errands and soon after it was time to pick Dillon up already! When I picked him up the teacher informed me that he communicated and played along just fine in the class and seemed to have a fun time! Dillon was excited to tell me about his day. I asked him one time what he did today and his response was beyond cute...
"Mommy I like my school, I read a book, ate a snack, played outside but I didn't see "nana" (Liliana) cause I played on the other playground, then it was time to put my folder in my backpack and sit on the floor and wait for you to pick me up. Don't forget I have school tomorrow!" So now I just have to wait a few more hours to pick up the older child. Now Liliana is totally different she doesn't tell me A SINGLE THING about her school days! So all in all I am excited for what is in store for this school year!!
ad to wait a good 25 minutes in the front of the building for the presch
ool teachers to open the doors. While waiting Dillon was feeling camera friendly and let me take a couple pictures. He still seemed very excited about going to school. As we all stood outside in the extremely hot and humid weather conditions you could tell it was starting to take its toll on the boys. Dillon and Kyle soon realized
they could fool around like monkeys and hang on the gates! Finally the doors opened and we all headed into the designated classrooms. Dillon gave his teacher her supplies, then was instructed to take out his communication folder and h
ang his backpack up near the door. He followed her directions and I was able to snap a picture of him hanging up his backpack all by himself! He then realized his buddy Kyle was playing in the kitchen area and joined him. Dillon at this point didn't seem to care if we had stayed to watch him or left the room entirely! At this point his teacher entered the classroom, I quickly asked if she could take a picture with Dillon, well I d
on't know what I was thinking because when I tried to call Dillon over he gave me the most foreign look and then turned his head in the opposite direction! Typical Dillon was all that crossed my mind!! It was time for the parents to head out so they could start their school do, so I said good bye gave him a kiss. Next Ava walked over grabbed him by his neck and leaned in for her wet smooch right on the lips! Dillon was more than happy to give her a kiss though! Next it was Marc's turn. Marc got down on his knees gave Dillon a big hug and kiss and gave him a little pep talk about being good and having a fun day! So then we all headed towards the door. Just then I see Marc turn back and say bye to him one more time! My big beefy manly husband was turning into a big sap right before my eyes... sure enough we got two steps out the door and Marc turned back. Marc poked his head around the door frame and was trying to "see what the boy was doing". I swear if I weren't there to crack on him he probably would have cried! It was sweet to see him so into Dillon's first day of school! It was a nice morning. Of course I ran a couple morning errands and soon after it was time to pick Dillon up already! When I picked him up the teacher informed me that he communicated and played along just fine in the class and seemed to have a fun time! Dillon was excited to tell me about his day. I asked him one time what he did today and his response was beyond cute..."Mommy I like my school, I read a book, ate a snack, played outside but I didn't see "nana" (Liliana) cause I played on the other playground, then it was time to put my folder in my backpack and sit on the floor and wait for you to pick me up. Don't forget I have school tomorrow!" So now I just have to wait a few more hours to pick up the older child. Now Liliana is totally different she doesn't tell me A SINGLE THING about her school days! So all in all I am excited for what is in store for this school year!!

1 comment:
I love the pictures and the play by play of your day! Check out my blog for today... we had similar experiences!
Post a Comment