Thursday, February 12, 2009

They Grow So Fast...

Liliana is 7 years old and will turn 8 this coming May. She weighs 50 lbs and is a little over 4 ft tall. She reminds me so much of myself as a little girl. (Its sometimes a little scary) Her love for babies makes her an excellent helper with Garrison these days. She is a very sensitive and loving girl that ALWAYS wants to be doing something, anything!

Dillon is 4 years old and will turn 5 this coming May as well! He weighs 38 lbs and is 3 1/2 ft tall. He also likes to be my helper but enjoys helping me cook more than anything! He has embraced being a new big brother and likes to make his presence known these days by saying some of the funniest things I have ever heard come out of a little boys mouth! He spends most of his days now talking about his "girlfriend" in his preschool class.

Ava just turned 3 years old a couple weeks ago. She says shes NOT a "big girl but a big sister". She is struggling to share her "mommy time" with her new little brother as she was the one and only "baby" until Garrison arrived! She always wants to be talked to, played with, cuddled and hugged whether her baby brother is around or not! She is full of energy these days and NEVER wants to take a nap! She is very stubborn and strong willed but I try to see the positives in these qualities! She is just like Liliana when it comes to her love for babies and having that kind and caring side to her personality!

Garrison is growing like a weed. He was only 6lbs 4oz when born just 6 1/2 weeks ago and today he is just over 9 1/2 lbs! He is holding his head up by himself a lot more. He stays awake much longer and has been focusing better on objects and everyones faces. He is still the center of attention to the other children and fought over for who can hold him next. I try my hardest to NOT hold him during the day other than for feedings and diaper changes. My time with him is when I am dead tired and up with him alone at night! I find it challenging somedays to give everyone their desired 1 on 1 attention but find confort knowing they all know I love them each very much!

Its been an interesting few weeks since the arrival of Garrison, but just like when all the others arrived, we adjusted and time flew by. Its amazing to me how fast time has flown by and how fast it continues to fly by! I cherish each and every day. It doesn't matter if I want to pull my hair out by days end... there were still plenty of good moments throughout that good or sometimes very bad day!

1 comment:

The Calandrinos said...

I love this photo with all of the kids they are all so cute. I love the saying that my Grandma said, The days are long but the years are short which is so true. It is my worst fear to have a quiet house when they are all gone tear tear