Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Papa Bing's Visit...

Ava taking a nap ON Papa Bing

Dillon watching Wall-E RIGHT NEXT to Papa Bing.

It was once again that time of year for my father, Papa Bing, to come and visit for a couple weeks! Its always nice to see my father but its even nicer to have someone extra around to keep the kids busy! The kids had a blast playing with him but also convincing him that a "snack" just before dinner was ok, or bedtime was later than normal, or that it was ok to start the day with junkfood instead of a healthy breakfast, or ok to head downstairs and skip the morning upstairs routine! But I think all Papas let the kids bend and break the rules! Its makes it at times trying on me, who is such a strict routine kind of mom, but its nice at the same time because it reminds me its ok if things don't always go as planned and can go back to normal the next morning! I unfortunately didn't snap pictures as much as I normally would have for various reasons but I did capture an afternoon nap and a group shot before he left for Georgia!

This morning we all loaded into my van to take him to the airport. Every child but Garrison shed some tears as they kissed him goodbye and continued to ask when he would be back to visit. The morning of Papa Bing's departure

1 comment:

The Calandrinos said...

The photo of your dad sleeping is precious especially when you see he is holding hands with Ava those are priceless moments. I am glad you had a nice visit and I am also glad your house is restored to normal again LOL