Saturday, January 24, 2009

Two Days of Birthday Fun...


Yesterday kicked off the start of two days of birthday celebration! Ava woke up and immediately told everyone to say "Happy Birthday Me"! She had her birthday breakfast and pretty much made requests throughout the day which were granted within reason! Later in the day Papa and Grandma came over and brought her a bag full of presents! After opening all her gifts, daddy came home with 6 birthday balloons (she LOVES helium filled balloons)! We then decided it was a good time to give her another present... it was a brand new Dora the Explorer scooter! She couldn't get the box open fast enough! After dinner, we sang Happy Birthday to her and ate some cupcakes! It was so funny because while we sang to her she was singing to herself as well!! She had a very fun day but the celebrations were not over with plans for the whole family to come over for dinner the following day!

So this morning we all woke up, did our normal daily routines, and awaited everyones arrival! Ava patiently watched as I decorated her tinkerbell cake. A couple weeks ago she picked out the pan and insisted that I make her cake in that pan with a specific cake mix (funfetti)! She was so anxious to see it all frosted! Once I finished decorating the cake her face just lit up! The doorbell soon rang and all the family finally arrived. Ava opened her gifts and she definitely LOVED them ALL! After dinner it was time to light the candles and sing Happy Birthday! I was so happy to get her on video while we all sang to her. The smile on her face was PRICELESS! She LOVED all the attention and that everyone was singing to her! She only needed to blow twice before all the candles were out! She ended the night rocking out with her daddy and cousins in the movie room singing to a fun game of Rock Band! At 7PM she was beyond tired, cranky, and rubbing those pretty little eyes of hers so off to bed she went! Despite my sadness that she is another year older, I am very happy that she had such a fun and eventful birthday!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

That cake is beautiful! I can't decorate stuff worth a hoot :)