Sunday, January 25, 2009

Happy Birthday to Marc...


So today Marc turned 32 years old! He didn't seem to care much. He has never been big on birthdays although when he turned 30, that was a BIG deal!! Anyway a few days ago he came across a recipe for Chocolate Malted Mousse and requested that I make it for his birthday! With Ava's birthday 2 days earlier by the time we get to his birthday we are cake-d out! So for the last couple days I knew what the dessert would be for the day but no clue on dinner! He isn't much of a picky eater so I could have made just about anything but I wanted to pick something he would REALLY ENJOY! So this morning we woke up, said Happy Birthday to him, headed to church, then home! Marc went with my dad and had a fun afternoon golfing. Once home it was time for me to start on dinner. I decided to make him his favorite asian dishes one being lumpia and the other being pansit. Lumpia for those that don't know are these fried eggrolls filled with veggies and meat. Pansit is a veggie and string noodle dish. He was very happy to hear what was on the menu but he definitely kept checking out the mousse I made earlier in the afternoon! While I made dinner, Marc rocked it in the theater room with Dillon to a LOOOOOONG LOUUUUUUUUUD game of Rock Band. Marc sang while Dillon (pretended) played the drums! It was very funny and entertaining, not to mention nice to see them having a nice male bonding moment without the girls bugging them! I will note that Garrison was in the next room over (far enough away to not hurt his little ears, and was DEEP ASLEEP the entire time) We ate dinner (which turned out great as expected) then had cake and the fabulous mousse I made! All in all I would say it was a fun day! May next year be just as fun!

1 comment:

The Calandrinos said...

Your such a nice wifey! I need your recipes for pansit and Lumpia we had neighbors who made it once and it was so freaking yummy so if you send that recipe I would be so happy, tell Marc happy birthday!!