Monday, January 5, 2009

One Week Today...

Today Garrison is 1 week old! Today also was Liliana and Dillon's first day back from winter break. It was also the first night Ava wore underwear to bed and didn't pee in them and the first day I had to get ALL 4 kids ready for the day by myself. Marc had to leave just as we all were waking up. I have to admit I was VERY NERVOUS about how the morning would go. Nervous that the kids would end up late to school, Garrison would have a schedule conflict with his feedings, or that we would be rushed by the time we got downstairs for breakfast! I don't know why I was so nervous though because all went very smoothly.

This last week flew by. Everyday since Tuesday I have been to the local labs for Bilirubin Testing. A bilirubin test is done when a baby is jaundice. The Dr is being OVERLY cautious and having me take Garrison daily! I say overly cautious because his levels aren't technically considered "high". They are NEAR the "high" levels but NOT high. I do not mind an overly cautious doctor HOWEVER, I DO MIND having to take a brand new baby to an infectious lab EVERY SINGLE DAY for an entire week for the sake of being extra cautious. Not to mention that all my other babies were really jaundice. I am RH negative which I guess equals really jaundice babies! I am just hoping that tomorrow morning his levels have dropped enough for this doctor to say "You don't have to take him anymore"! This poor little guy has 5 holes in the bottom of his feet and tomorrow they will make hole #6! Good thing he won't remember this when he gets older.

So even though this last week flew by I am trying to take it all in with a smile! I keep reminding myself that Garrison is our last baby and I need to enjoy all this craziness. I look at Liliana and think "Gosh she will be 8 years old in May, where have all the years gone?" Its amazing how fast time goes by.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy 1 week to Garrison.
I'm sure you're relieved to have the jaundice under the bridge. You seem to be taking it all in stride.
He is beautiful!