Thursday, September 11, 2008

My Sewing Skills...

So of course I am HARD CORE nesting and my poor sewing machine is getting more of a workout than anything else in this house! I recently came across what is called a "Hooter Hider" aka "Nursing Hider" aka couple other names! After looking at several pictures, I realized it was nothing but a receiving blanket with a neak strap! So off I went to Joann's to buy some fabric for a hider. I ended up making not just one but two hiders with ADJUSTABLE neck straps to make it even easier to take on and off!










Next on my sewing list was a few small projects I have been meaning to get to... my apron (the strap came off), some Halloween decorations I wanted to make, hemming Liliana's jeans into shorts, and cute little dresses for Ava. After all my little projects were complete I began to TRY making some cloth diapers for Ava! I was actually surprised at how good they came out for being my first try with no real template to follow! I made one diaper that functions more like just a cover and then the second diaper I made a pocket diaper! Ava is so funny... as soon as I finished making them she grabbed them, hugged them, and said "Aja's dapers"!! Here are a few pictures!











This is her flower pocket diaper!





Ava showing off her new diaper!



Ava's pink patterned diaper!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those look *really* good!

Laura said...

Yeah, those are awesome! If I end up having a 3rd... I am hiring YOU to make my newborn diapers for me!

erika said...

Nice job Jillian! What did you put in them to absorb? I'm sure there a method for doing this that I don't understand.
e

PS Thanks for the mexican food tips. I'm going to try the chicken one soon :) Yummo!