Friday, September 26, 2008

She NEVER stops READING...

I must start this blog off by thanking Liliana's first grade teacher from last year. For some reason this teacher made reading such a fun and interesting thing to do that Liliana has NOT put a book down since starting 1st grade over a year ago. I think its beyond awesome that she loves to read.


So often that I wanted to give Liliana credit for doing such a great job with moving 1 grade level above where she is expected to be at currently! She is just about at a 3rd grade reading level these days. This is great considering she is only in the beginning months of the 2nd grade!


Wondering often she reads in one day...


Its gotten to the point where I have to take the book away from her so she will eat, or take the book away from her when walking home from school so she wont trip on the sidewalk, or tell her to stop reading so she can go to sleep! I am NOT complaining though!! I said it above and will say it again... her liking to read is AWESOME.

She is being very funny about books lately... she was so interested in reading Junie B Jones books until I picked up a Dan Gutman book at the local thrift store a couple months ago. Dan Gutman writes books with rhyming titles (ex. Ms. Cooney is Looney and Mrs Klutz is Nutz). The books are very age appropriate and are quite entertaining for Liliana to read. She will usually sit down and read a couple chapters at a time sometimes even more. With the schools yearly Book Fair next week she is determined to make sure I buy her some of his books along with a few others she picked out. I can't complain though... my child wants me to buy her books!! So I end this blog with a BIG THANK YOU to her teacher from 1st grade. Mrs. Harmon YOU ROCK!!

2 comments:

erika said...

Go Liliana! And speaking of getting big...look at those long legs. She's gonna be a tall drink of water.

Laura said...

You need to introduce the Magic Treehouse books to her! Drew and I discovered them this summer (on CD) and I am now reading them to him every day before bed. The are chapter books - a series of 40 - and each book is a different adventure. It all centered on reading and learning about each distant place the treehouse and the books take the two kids. The books are so good that I get excited about reading them to see what adventures they go on. They are really funn!