Ok so Dillon is now 4 1/2 yrs old. Not really an age where you would think he still naps. I am NOT one of those strict routine moms where the kids are put in a bed and MADE to nap. Not that I think anyone who does that is wrong for doing so. My theory is... Do what works for you! So with that said Dillon, since turning 4, has pretty much transitioned out of the whole napping thing! I figured once school started that he would maybe take a small nap the first few days/weeks until getting adjusted.
So now that we are 2 months into the school year I am shocked that he still takes an afternoon nap 9 times out of 10! I can't complain because its definately made for some nice quiet afternoons. However on those days where he doesn't nap in the afternoon but totally could have used it... I find myself eventually putting him in timeout for something...where he ends up sulking and falling asleep in the most strange positions! 
This brings me to the funny picture I was able to take this evening! My poor little guy was so darn tired that he ended up in timeout for messing with his sisters and within 3 minutes of his sobbing and moaning and crying he was OUT! Look at how he fell asleep! Yes he is sitting on the arm of the couch and laying backwards so his head is where the back of the couch is! If you look closely you can even see a wet tear in the corner of his eye! My poor little buddy gets so upset sometimes that he just has to cry it out! Hes gonna make one awesome sensitive husband and father one day!! I just know it!
1 comment:
Aaawww!
Post a Comment