Well today, September 24th, was my official due date. Today has come and has almost gone and still no sign of Rosalia! Lots and lots of contractions but they are not getting any stronger! Ugh so frustrating.
As of Tuesday I was 2 1/2 cm dilated, 50% effaced, and at a minus 1 station. All of which means it could be WEEKS away if the Doctors let me go that long.
The good ol' Doctors aren't too worried about me going over MY dates because their dates say October 16th. With all 4 of the other children, my dates were always right and the Doctors dates were NOT. The only thing with this pregnancy is that they will not induce until a week AFTER their date making me just about 1 month over due, which does NOT make me happy to think about!
They did say that they would strip membranes on October 4th to hopefully get the ball rolling. That is still 1 week and 3 days away! Normally I would say 1 week and 3 days is no big deal but at this point in the pregnancy COME ON TIME go by quicker!
My next appointment is on Monday September 27th, which ironically enough is Grandpa Simpson's birthday. Grandma Simpson keeps saying how special it would be to have Rosalia on his birthday. I agree. Sadly the only chance of that happening is if I go into the Dr that morning and am already 4 cm dilated and can convince them to strip membranes that morning, or I go into full blown labor (which doesn't seem like my body is interested in doing)!
No comments:
Post a Comment