Saturday, May 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Dillon...


Today Dillon turned 5 yrs old! Like I said with Liliana's birthday post, the years have gone by WAY TOO FAST! He is changing so fast, he likes the older kid shows like Liliana, enjoys video games more and more each (which make daddy very proud), and is much pickier with what toys to play with! I am trying to raise him with the understanding that girls need to be treated with respect and care! Also that its important to do "old school" things such as open and hold doors open for girls! I let him cook with me anytime he is up for it, which lately is all the time! I let him do the dishes and laundry! I love that HE LOVES to clean my floors and vacuum! I can only hope this love for cleaning sticks with him when hes older!! Until then I will continue to mold him into a kind, caring, and thoughtful young boy!


The Day's Events

He woke up and HAD to have dunkin donuts! So up I was at 6:30AM driving with Dillon to the local Dunkin Donuts! He picked out his dozen donuts and coffee (decaf of course)! During the day I had to work on both Dillon and Liliana's cakes since the following day would be the big family party! So Marc took the kids over to Grandma and Papa's house so I could get them done! Later that afternoon, they arrived back home! On the kids' birthdays they get to pick the menu for the day. Dillon picked orange chicken over rice for dinner. So orange chicken it was! After dinner, I had cupcakes as a surprise, but not just any group of cupcakes! Supersized cupcakes from the local Costco! My inlaws came back over to sing and enjoy the supersized dessert! To give you an idea of how big these suckers were... the transformer candy on top of them normally covers most of a standard cupcake! After having his cupcake, Dillon opened a few gifts! Like all the previous birthdays, he had a very fun and memorable day! Off to bed he went so that we could celebrate with the family the next day!

No comments: