
As most of you know I enjoy sewing a good majority of the time these days. A good friend of mine, has a little girl that is turning 1 this weekend. I decided I would make her a couple dresses. Most of the items I have made up to this point have been for myself or the kids. Even though I do sew decently I always worry that if I make something for someone it may fall apart?! I decided it was time to get over that. I got the idea to make the little girl dresses when I was showing my friend the Easter dresses I made for my girls! She made a comment about wanting me to make her daughter dresses but would NEVER ask since I have 4 kids and am always busy! I found a really cute pattern a few weeks back and decided I would at least make 2 dresses. Picked out fabric at Joann's a few days later but didn't start making the dresses until this past week. Mainly cause we were all sick these last couple weeks! I was nervous about the timeline I gave myself but was surprised when I finished the first dress in one day (on and off again time at the sewing machine due to Garrison and school pick up and drop offs along with keeping Ava entertained). I had bought 4 different patterned fabrics just incase I wanted to make more than 2 and I was so glad I did. I ended up making the second dress the following day and the last 2 dresses the day after that! This pattern is very cute and so very simple. I am very excited to make the girls some more dresses for the summer now that I am getting better at these patterns!

1 comment:
Very Nice Jillian! I loved the striped one. and how sweet is that picture of Liliana and Garrison :)
Post a Comment