Friday, October 3, 2008

Report Cards Are In...


Well today marks the end of the first quarter of school. Its crazy to think we already have completed 2 whole months of school. The even more crazy thing is that the kids had a half day of school today and yesterday and now are on Fall Break until the 14th of October! Yeahup no school for 10 LOOOONG days! I will enjoy not having to pick up and drop off kids 4 times a day however!! I now just have to plan a busy week so I don't hear those dreaded words "Mommy we're bored"!!


As for report cards, Dillon's teacher and I met this afternoon. They are graded with 5 different letters representing mastered, progress, emerging, just introduced, or not yet introduced. He is doing an awesome job. He pretty much has mastered everything except for a couple things which he is labeled Progress in. The teacher of course said that he is doing great! Remember all, this is PRESCHOOL so its not like there is a whole lot to talk about or worry about if he is meeting or exceeding their expectations!!

Now comes Liliana, after much thought and issues with her teacher, I contacted the principal and had her switched to a different class! With this switch I agreed to not have a conference with her old teacher. I figured the new teacher would sit down with me and let me know how things were going and at that point give me any and all info I would have received had I met with her old teacher! I ended up running into Liliana's new teacher in the hall on the way to Dillon's conference. Her new teacher is so on top of everything its so impressive! She wants to meet with me regarding Liliana when we resume school after fall break! So for now I just have a report card with 4 numbers on it that represent her progress. 1-4, 4 being excelling and 1 being falls far below. Liliana managed to get all 3's which represent Meets. She did receive one 4 in, all subjects, P.E. The teacher informed me that she is VERY coordinated for her age. This news was very surprising since Liliana is so darn clumsy at home!! The teacher went on to explain that this is a hard age to do well in gym class because the body is going through so many changes! I thought about what she said and its true! Between losing teeth, feet that wont stop growing, height spurts, and so on it is alot for a child to deal with while trying to dribble a ball!

So on that note, with such awesome report cards, I guess I better make sure they stay occupied and have a fun week off of school!

1 comment:

The Calandrinos said...

Isn't it nice to not to have to worry about it too much? Plus it always makes us feel as though we have done our job staying at home and teaching them!! Yeah for the Simpson kids!!