Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Park Day With Great Grandma Simpson...

This morning, I packed the 3 younger kids in the van and drove up to Scottsdale. We picked up Great Grandma Simpson and enjoyed a few hours at the local park. Before dropping her back off at home, we enjoyed a picnic lunch. Garrison insisted he sit next to "his grape grandma" and spent some of his time scolding her for calling him Dillon. Great Grandma doesn't have the best of hearing so he got very frustrated when she continued to mix his name up with Dillon. She explained to him that she mixes everyone's names up but Garrison wasn't willing to accept that as an excuse! He still gave her lots of hugs and kisses before the afternoon as over.
I'm sad the drive is so far and takes up an entire day but I need to make more effort to do this more frequently. The kids love spending time with her (as do I of course)!







No comments: