Oh boy and let the teen years begin...!
Tuesday, July 17, 2012
Big Time Rush Concert...
*Insert LOUD pre teen SCREAMING*
Tonight I took Liliana to her first concert. She had been waiting for this concert for months. The tickets went on sale in January. Liliana begged me pretty much every day since to buy them. I kept telling her they were sold out but little did she know I bought them and would surprise her on her birthday (in May). From May until tonight, she told me how excited she was for her favorite band Big Time Rush to perform. She told me how she plans to dance, sing, and scream. She told me if she got close enough to one of the band members she might faint. Today she woke up, smiled at me and said "You know what day it is today right mom?!" I replied with a "Um Tuesday". She smiled even bigger and said "You're taking me to the concert tonight!!" She went around the house telling her siblings how she couldn't wait for tonight. She told anyone she came in contact with, that she was attending the concert this evening. To say she was excited is a huge understatement!
We left the house at 5pm. The concert was set to start at 7pm. We were almost there when we hit traffic. The panicked look on her face was priceless. I knew we were almost there but she didn't. She must have asked "how much longer I don't want to miss the concert" over a dozen times! Upon arrival we checked out our seats, stood in line for what seemed to be forever to buy some souvenirs, and got a couple snacks. The preshow included performances from Rachel Crow and Cody Simpson (sadly no relation to us!). Rachel Crow was so cute. She has a really great voice. Just before singing her final song, she informed the audience that she would be signing autographs over at her tent just next to the area we were sitting in. Liliana looked at me and said "Can I go get her autograph", I replied "Yes", and off Liliana ran to the line. The line went really quickly. Liliana got her autograph and still had minutes to spare before Cody Simpson even got on stage. As he was finishing his last song, we noticed many people moving closer to the stage. Basically the entire back middle section never sold which meant they were empty seats. Liliana and I were able to move over 20 rows closer. She sang, danced, screamed, and sang a ton more. She was on cloud 9! I was so happy to make her so happy! Although my head pounded the entire evening, it was worth it! On the way home, she begged me to find out when their next concert would be and asked who else is coming to perform in our area because she likes going to concerts.
Oh boy and let the teen years begin...!
Oh boy and let the teen years begin...!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment