Sunday, July 1, 2012

Pallets To Shoe Shelves...

With all the new build home sites surrounding us there is an endless amount of pallets being thrown out.  Marc had this idea to grab a few and attempt making different things with them.  It was a great idea except it's been so stinking hot and it's just going to get even hotter as we are now into July.  So there they sit, leaning up against the block wall in my side yard.  So today, I got the itch to build something myself!  I was in desperate need of something to hold all the "hand me down shoes" and extra shoes that don't have a home inside our house.  I was searching pinterest when I came across shelving someone had pinned.  (I know, I know another pinterest inspired idea... but at least I am turning them into real life items unlike some that have a fantasy life growing online!)

It only took a few hours to dissassemble enough pallet pieces for one shelf.  It only took about 10 minutes to cut all the pieces (yes I used the saw all by myself).  It took several hours and blisters to nail and screw all the pieces together.  With all that hard work, I was able to build 2 shelves.  It did take me 2 days to complete the work but I think they look pretty darn good considering they were made with pallet pieces! 
*Note: Marc did build one shelf as an example for me since he wanted to make sure I knew what I was doing! 

No comments: