Tuesday, March 8, 2011

40 Days and 40 Nights...

In less than 24 hours Lent will begin! This year, I am choosing to give up and commit to a few different things.

First eliminate ALL dairy products from my diet. This isn't for me as much as its for Rosalia. Its "my choice" to do it but the pediatrician believes it will help with Rosalia's skin issues.
Second, eliminate sugar from my diet. Sugar is my GO-TO "food" of choice. Its always in my house. Always calling my name. Its my TOTAL weakness! For that reason, its the best item to "give up" for the next 40 days and nights. Now I should clarify, no sugar means most junky foods...but foods like plain oatmeal, breads, pastas...these have minimal amounts of sugar which will be allowed in my diet plan.
Sugar is NOT healthy. I know that... but honestly that means NOTHING to me. Especially since being diagnosed with not just Crohn's Disease but IC (Bladder Disease) as well! When trying to eat healthy according to both diseases diet restrictions, I can pretty much only enjoy dairy and natural, unprocessed foods with no seeds that are easily digestible. By taking dairy out of that mix it leaves me with a very small list of foods!

I am up for the challenge. On top of eliminating dairy and sugar I decided I will blog EVERY single day. Some days I might just post a recipe, other days I might vent about feelings (good or bad) while denying my body of 2 items I normally heavily rely on!

So with all this said... wish me luck!

No comments: