For some reasons I do not remember my first day of school in my younger years! Probably because it was such a high stress, nerve racking, and scary day! New year, new routine, new classmates, and new teacher. Its tough growing up!!
All the "news" of another school year is nerve racking enough but to top that off Liliana and Dillon had 1 added stress... NEW SCHOOL!
7AM
Despite their nerves they both woke up anxious for the day to begin! Our morning routine before school is very simple. We wake up, shower, get dressed, take care of beds and bedrooms, and then all together head downstairs to eat! Once breakfast is done lunches are put in backpacks and everyone gets ready to leave! Our routine was executed perfectly this morning! I had it planned so that I would not have to take Ava and Garrison with me when dropping the older two off at school! Main reason being the heat! It was 101 degrees at 8:45AM (their drop off time)!! Marc had to work so Papa was nice enough to come over and stay with the younger two.
8:35AM
Once at school, Liliana and Dillon posed for a nice picture in front of a tile collage on the front buildings wall. After pictures, it was time to find their teachers. We first went looking for Liliana's teacher. Once we found her, Liliana took a quick picture, put her backpack on the ground, kissed me goodbye, hugged Dillon while telling him to have a good day and then ran to the playground!
The day progressed in a very interesting way. Ava told me several times she missed her sister and brother. Garrison was in a "weird" mood. The house just didn't feel normal with both older children gone at school all day!
3:25pm
Marc came home early so that he could go with me to pick up the kids from school! The bell for dismissal doesn't sound until 3:50PM but most students at this school are picked up by parents and the area for picking up is rather small. This makes for one long line of cars waiting for pickup. As we entered the pickup "zone", I immediately spotted Liliana and Dillon standing on the sidewalk area. Liliana had her arm around Dillon and as we pulled up they quickly ran over to the van anxious to get inside! Both were asked how their days went...
Liliana replied with "Ok, I made a friend she is the daughter of Dillon's teacher... I like my new school but miss my old school a tiny bit because I know more people... I am not bringing my chicken lunchables anymore because they don't have a microwave for kids to use...I don't have any homework but will have some tomorrow...I guess my day went good!"
Dillon on the other hand replied with "I don't like school... I only made 1 friend and I can't remember his name... I have to sit in a girl spot because there were no more boy spots... I spilled my applesauce all over my sandwich at lunch and on my seat and knee...I played outside and ate my snack"
Marc and I decided to take the kids for a slushy from Sonic before heading home. As the kids ate their after school snack, I went through their take home folders. Liliana had a note saying that the day went well and to expect homework starting tomorrow! Dillon's folder had a couple colored pictures and a "certificate". On the certificate was Dillon's name at the top, followed by the words "had a great first day at school", along with the teachers signature and todays date. While this certificate was in my hand Dillon starts to talk... "Mommy I don't know why the teacher gave me that paper, she asked us to raise our hand if we had a great first day of school and I didN'T raise my hand. Then she gave us that piece of paper and told us to show our parents that we had a great day. I told her I didn't have a great day but she didn't listen to me"
The things he comes up with to say and the way he explains them!! Priceless! I felt bad that he was positive about his NOT great day but I know it will get better as time passes!
I would say despite Dillon's little "negative"story about not having a GREAT day, both kids had a good first day.
2 comments:
Ohhhh, poor Dillon!!! Has it been any better for him?
awww, I love his honesty. Hope it goes better tomorrow. :)
Post a Comment