Saturday, April 18, 2009

Sick Sick Sick...

We are all sick! I am ready to scream! It started with me and a breast infection 7 days ago(which obviously is NOT contagious). Then this past Monday (5 days ago), Liliana came home with a sore throat and fever. That night I had a sore throat. Dillon also had a lovely cough and runny nose. Tuesday, Dillon seemed to be on his way to getting better, but Liliana and myself were still very sore with nasty coughs! Wednesday Liliana seemed to be on the road to recovery when that night she began a coughing fit that wouldn't stop. I also took notice to one of her eyes leaking mucus! Thursday morning, it appeared as though she had pink eye! I still had a horrible sore throat (which was probably worsened because of my Crohn's disease). But Dillon was definitely much better minus his cough. Off to the dr we go. Pink eye it is for Liliana, allergies for Dillon, and a horribly blistered back part of the throat for Liliana and myself! Seclusion for Liliana in hopes of not infecting the other children. Limited contact with Garrison for fear of him getting sick so young. This brings me to today, Liliana wakes up feeling 10 times better, throat a tad bit sore but eye no longer pink and no longer contagious! Dillon barely coughing and on new allergy medicine. Myself, well its a slow healing process, I am pretty sure the medicine the dr gave me is fighting all it can but there is a whole lot of infection and only so much medicine! I am getting there though! However.............
Ava woke up hacking. Here we go again! The day continues on. I run a couple errands that desperately needed to be done despite still not feeling 100%. When returning home, Marc notices Garrison is very warm. Take his temp....102.5! YIKES!
So as I sit here this evening, I am now listening to Ava coughing and feeling Garrison's warm body against my chest. I feel so helpless! I HATE when the kids are sick, nevermind when I am sick as well! Marc has been wonderful helping where he can, especially coming home from work early a couple days! However, we all know that no matter how much help you have, when sick all you want is to feel better!
I would love to wake up and be over this 'illness" but would love more for my children to be all better and not let this continue in a circle of pass the infection from child to child!
So please let this be my last couple days being sick and taking care of sick children!
Wish us luck on feeling better and hopefully that will bring fun blogs to read soon!

No comments: