Monday, December 15, 2008

Gingerbread House...

Yes just one gingerbread house this year everyone. I know I know, I am slacking!! After making, rolling, and cutting out all the dough for the gingerbread train and then the 1 house I couldn't even think about making 2 more. Normally, yes, I do make a house for each of the kids to decorate but 1 was plenty this year!
I made the house a few weeks back and figured one of these upcoming days I would find the energy to let the kids decorate it. This past Thursday was the lucky day! Liliana had all her homework done and we had a couple hours before dinner was going to be done so there I was whipping up a batch of royal icing for each kiddo! I gave them each 2 pieces of the house (2 roof pieces, 2 sides, and the front and back) to decorate so all was fair! I also gave them each 1 paper plate full of assorted candies to decorate with! They had a blast! They also kept things nice and neat while doing it which was a nice surprise!! Once all the pieces were dry I put the house together so that the next morning when the kids woke up they saw their creation on the eat in kitchen table as a centerpiece! As you can see they didn't do too bad making it a 'pretty' gingerbread house! If you are curious who decorated what pieces here goes ... Liliana had the front and back, Dillon had the roof pieces, and Ava had the two sides!

No comments: