This is no surprise to me though, this is how ALL my other labors started out! I have been very patient. I am in no "rush" to have him but lately (the last 2 weeks) I have been getting to the point where I want it all to be over and Garrison to be here as healthy as can be! This is the first pregnancy where besides the sleepless, restless nights I am having "other symptoms of labor getting closer. I have been so sick to my stomach (especially at night) that I end up getting physically sick and then unable to sleep the rest of the night! I have been cramping and contracting like a clock (they start around 4pm and end around 1am every single night), I pee every five seconds, have horrible backache (I mean no matter if I stand, sit or lay down my back THROBS, and for the sake of not disclosing to much info "fun bathroom times"!
So with this, what seems like, never ending list of "fun labor symptoms" I sit here anxious for it to be all over.
The dr today felt so bad that I had not progressed even just 1 more cm that she stripped my membranes. Another procedure I had done with all 3 other children. I honestly can say that after having so many complications during all 4 pregnancies that I sorta expected a not so easy labor. I say labor because once I am admitted, hooked up to all the hospital machines, and making my progress whether drug induced or not I can pop a kid out like nobodies business. At this point I look back and question whether having such an easy time "pushing" them out is worth 9 months plus of complications and discomfort! Too bad you can't pick and choose how you carry and labor a child cause I might be tempted to switch it so that I have 9 months of happiness and just long labors!
Sadly as most of you know stripping the membranes doesn't always put you into full on active labor so the dr's "backup plan" is to see me early this upcoming week, check progress again, and if I am not progressing anymore still than to schedule an induction for the following week. So worse case scenario I will have to wait 1 1/2 more weeks before our little bundle of joy will arrive! I can totally wait but as I have said 100 times now... I would rather not progress at all and just feel the discomfort of having such a big belly than have this "early totally uncomfortable first stage of NON-progressing labor"!
Now I am not blogging about this day and last two weeks to "complain" but just to bookmark/remember all I had to go through to get Garrison here!!
For those of you still wondering when on earth you will get that phone call/email of the new baby news... I promise its coming as I keep being reminded that this baby will NOT stay in the womb forever!
Fingers-crossed that he arrives very shortly and in good health!!
No comments:
Post a Comment