Monday, May 13, 2013

12 Years Old...

12 years have come and gone in the blink of an eye.  Our little 5lb 13oz teeny tiny baby is now 5ft 1inch tall "almost" teenager!  This year she has grown so much and not just physically.  She has busted out of her shy shell and become a very interactive student.  She continues to excel in school maintaining straight A's this year. She joined several after school activities.  The two biggest activities being the 6th grade dance performance and playing Mrs. Mayor in Seussical the Musical.  Her ability to juggle her school work and maintain perfect grades is something to celebrate.
When trying to figure out what to give her for her birthday, a commercial came on the television for an upcoming Big Time Rush concert.  Last year, I took her to their concert and although she was thrilled to see her favorite band, she was upset we didn't have closer seats.
I decided to look up the ticket prices and quickly realized the best deal was the VIP package which includes an on site host, early entrance, back stage/sound stage tour, refreshments before concert, commemorative laminate, specially designed tshirts, gift bag, a seat in first 20 rows, and photo op with the band.  
The details of the package can change depending on the night.  For that reason I didn't tell Liliana she would be meeting and taking a photo with them...so if we get to meet them, that will just make her night that much better!
I was very anxious to give her the present we got her, but first we enjoyed a dinner and dessert with Grandma, Papa, and Uncle Jarrod before it was time for presents.
What a shocked reaction from Liliana when she realized what her present was.  Needless to say she is very excited for June to come.  
I can't believe our little baby is 12!  Happy Birthday Liliana!


For the family party she requested Big Time Rush... Cookies!  She's not much for cake or cupcakes!  I know shocking after seeing that she had pie on her actual birthday!!


No comments: