

Garrison is officially 4 years old. It's a Saturday, which meant family can celebrate with us since it's his actual birthday today. I planned for everyone to come over for lunch. Lunch works better because of evening mass and the commute time for a couple relatives which live about 40 minutes north of us. Since we didn't get together as a large family for Christmas, this also was our "holiday meal/gathering". I made a ham, scalloped potatoes (best recipe I have ever made to date), cranberry jello mold, dill buttered carrots, and sweet potato biscuits. Garrison's Mickey Mouse birthday cake was dessert along with Christmas cookies I had made a few days earlier. Garrison is one lucky boy. Most would think having a birthday so close to Christmas would equal less presents but for Garrison... let's just say Christmas comes two different days with all the gifts he gets. He, of course, LOVED everything but he especially loved having everyone here to celebrate turning another year older. These days you will find Garrison playing with his remote control Lightning McQueen car, Thomas the Train and tracks, building with megablocks or Legos, and reading lots and lots of books. He is such a sweet boy. He likes to be lovey, hugs and kisses without asking for them, he will tell us numerous times in the day how much he loves us. I know these days will be coming to and end sooner than later so for now, I take a mental picture and smile ear to ear. Recently, he is becoming more confident when in public. At storytime, he now dances, sings, and participates. Just a few short months ago, I would try and encourage such acts and he would cross his arms in protest and get all shy. He, sadly, isn't potty trained just yet but hopefully will be in the next few months. We would love to put him in preschool this fall which requires a diaper free child!! Rather than push potty training, I will enjoy the last few months I have with my newly 4 year old boy and not rush the future days of "Bye mom, no mom I can't kiss you my friends might see, and mom I want to play with my friends not play cards with you". For I know they are just around the corner.



Happy Birthday to my Garrison. My little buddy. My pal.
No comments:
Post a Comment