Thursday, February 9, 2012

Maid Marc...

Back on January 30th, I came down with strep throat.  Two days later I visited my OB Doctor for a routine maternity check up.  Thankfully the strep was on its way out of my system thanks to antibiotics I received from our family Doctor.  However, with strep on it's way out I was now beginning to battle a chest infection.  This infection came with a nasty cough which caused me to cough so hard that I began contracting.  Contractions weren't coming in any set pattern but given my pre-term labor history with the other pregnancies the Doctor put me on complete bed rest. 
Yeah I know me on bed rest... a joke!
Marc took the rest of the week off and the following week as well!  He knew me on bed rest = him having to do it ALL.  Marc is fully aware of how busy one can stay when caring for 5 children and a house this size but what he didn't realize was how tired he would become.  He knew he could do it.  As did I. 
Cooking, cleaning, vacuuming, laundry, diaper changing, bathing of children, girl hair being tamed (or at least attempted), errand running, grocery shopping, taking kids to after school activities, and nap times.  You name it...he has had to do it. 




He is surviving.  Lucky for him this upcoming week he gets to escape on a work trip to San Diego, while Grandma Simpson comes to visit and help out a bit.  Until then we are all thankful Marc has survived the last 8 days home doing it ALL! 

No comments: