This year I volunteered my home for the Christmas party the MOMS Club puts on every year! I soon realized I would need a Santa to visit the children??!! First I had to find a suit. Luckily a fellow member had a contact willing to let us borrow the suit. Next up finding someone to wear the suit! You would think with all the dad's someone would be dying to dress up! No such luck! "I can't have little kids sitting on my lap that's just weird", "I have to work", "I don't want to do that", "Can't you find someone else to dress up"... were just some of the many responses we all got from our unwilling husbands! Marc thought it would be a great idea to ask his father! Those that know my father-in-law, know he isn't the type to normally do anything like this without being paid a large sum of money! I am really LOVED...well I am sure the oodles and oodles of begging helped too, because Santa stopped by for a visit! Ava starred into his eyes with the most innocent, amazed look on her face as he said "Hello Ava, Merry Christmas" to her!
Later that day, Ava spent the day with my in laws while I went to Dillon's class party. The entire afternoon she told my in laws how Santa came to visit, gave her candy, and had a fat belly... even fatter than Papa's belly! Needless to say she didn't know who was underneath that awesome red suit!
No comments:
Post a Comment