Thursday, October 1, 2009

Earn Money For Your School...


I couldn't resist posting this. Each year PTO's around the country try new and different ways to get "FREE" money for their schools. Free money comes in many forms. Some examples are box tops (all one has to do is trim them off participating products and turn them into the school they then get a check from box tops for their value), family food nights (local restaurants give a certain percentage back to the school for all meals purchased by the school's families on a specified night), fundraisers (your typical annoying cookie dough or wrapping paper sales), school t-shirts, and school directories (brilliant in my opinion... they send home an order form which has you put how many you want but also what info you want published in it, the book not only brings in money for the school but has hardly any cost to make other than some ink, paper, and time.)

The newest one to add on the "FREE money" list...

Urgent Care Express...

Basically if you take your child to any participating Urgent Care Express facility, they will donate $5 to your school.




I laughed when I saw the article in our school's newsletter, the Trailblazer Tribune.


I must admit its VERY creative and hopefully successful. Well not that successful, because that would mean lots of sick kiddos are roaming the school this wonderful winter season!

No comments: